Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Paula Deen has come through once again with a winner.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, for 5 minutes.
- Stir together spinach, mushrooms and cheese; set aside.
- Roll 1 pastry sheet into a 13 by 11-inch rectangle.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Brush 1/2 melted butter over pastry.
- Spread 1/2 spinach mixture over butter.
- Roll-up, jellyroll fashion, starting with the long side.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pastry sheet, butter, and spinach mixture. (Wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days, if desired.)
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
These are great just the way they are! I have made them several time and always amaze my guest. Yum! Yum!
Hi dojemi, wonderfully fantastic! We enjoyed these "puffs" thoroughly! We made as posted except for the fact that I added grated onions to the spinach, a touch of nutmeg(have always used it with spinach)and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Slight amount of tweaking, sorry. However, I thank you for sharing, Diane :=)