1/1 Photo of Spinach Gratin
I think this is the perfect side dish to something like my Pork Chop Melts (#70596). It is very impressive when you bring it bubbling to the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté the onions in the butter over a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add the hot chicken stock and let simmer 10 minutes more, covered.
- 3Stir in the flour and when it is completely mixed in, add the milk.
- 4Stir while bringing to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thick.
- 5Stir in two tablespoons of the parmesan, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 6Meanwhile, lightly sauté the spinach in a separate pan.
- 7When it is wilted, rinse in cold water until it is cool enough to handle.
- 8Chop roughly and spread over the bottom of a small casserole dish.
- 9Sprinkle over half the remaining parmesan and the nutmeg.
- 10Pour over the sauce and finish with the breadcrumbs and the last of the parmesan on top.
- 11Bake at 200 C or 400 F for 20 minutes.
- 12The gratin is done when it is bubbling and crusty on top.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.5
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 998.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 25.6 g