1/3 Photos of Spinach Gratin
Gay Gilmore's Note:
This is great because it can be made up completely ahead and just bake it for 20 minutes for a terrific side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Melt the butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- 3Add the onions and sauté about 15 minutes, until translucent.
- 4Add the flour and nutmeg and cook stirring, for 2 more minutes.
- 5Add the cream and milk and cook until thickened.
- 6Add salt and pepper.
- 7Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach.
- 8Add the spinach to the sauce.
- 9Add 1/2 cup of the cheese, mix well.
- 10Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and gruyere on top.
- 11Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.5
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 841.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g