Spinach & Grapefruit Salad
- Toast poppy seeds for 1 - 2 minutes in a small skillet. Remove from heat. Simmer garlic for 3 minutes in boiling water.
- In small bowl, cover onion with cold water; let stand 10 minutes, drain.
- Remove skin and white pith from grapefruit; cut into segments, catching juice in a small bowl.
- To make the dressing, in a blender, combine garlic, oil, vinegar, parsley, mustard, honey, salt, pepper and 2 T of reserved grapefruit juice; blend until creamy.
- In large bowl, combine spinach, onions and grapefruit; toss with dressing.
- Garnish with poppy seeds.