Recipe by barefootmommawv
What a great side dish.
Top Review by cookinSC
Just made this last night, and it was delicious! I used plain old bleu cheese because I didn't have gorgonzola on hand. I made half the recipe in my 1.5 qt. crockpot and cooked on high 1 hr. It turned out beautifully! Great accompaniment to soup/stew.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes cornbread mix (any brand)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat Crock pot slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Pour batter into crock pot slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on High 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle to with paprika for more colorful crust, if desired.
- Let bread cool completely before inverting onto serving platter.
- ***** Note ******.
- Cook only on High setting for proper crust and texture.