Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here is a very yummy stuffed chicken breast recipe, packed with flavour served with a delicious accompanying sauce. I love doing stuffed chicken breasts as there are so many different combinations you can try and I have to say there are not many I have tried that don't work.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 300 g soft fresh goat cheese, all rind removed
- 8 teaspoons basil pesto (I use about 2 teaspoons per breast, or enough to cover breast completely.)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- 8 slices prosciutto
Lemon Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until approximately the same thickness all over (about 1/4 inch.).
- Boil spinach until tender, drain and squeeze out all excess water. In a bowl combine spinach with goats cheese until well mixed.
- Spread 2 teaspoons pesto over the inside of each breast to cover completely. Spread spinach mix down the centre of each breast lengthwise. Cut each tomato into 4 slices and place slices on top of spinach to run the length of breast. (1 Tomato per breast.).
- Fold breast over to cover filling and wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each breast to secure.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and place breasts inside. Bake breast in pre-heated oven 180c for 45-50 Min's or until chicken is cooked through. (cooking times will vary according to the thickness of breast.).
- For The Sauce:.
- Heat milk and chicken stock in a saucepan, mix cornflour with a little water, add to milk stir until mixture thickens slightly.
- Add Dijon, lemon juice and wine stir to combine, Add cream, cayenne, parsley and pepper to taste. Heat sauce over medium heat until sauce has thickened.
- Note: You can leave sauce over a low heat, stirring from time to time, while chicken finishes cooking.
- To serve: Slice chicken in half, plate and drizzle with sauce.
I am only rating the sauce, it was perfect to accompany chicken dish I made. It is light and would be perfect to drizzle on any chicken. I'll come back and make the pesto stuffing, another time. Thanks for posting. Sure hope it was ok for me to borrow bits and pieces from your recipe.