1/2 Photos of Spinach Goats Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast With a Lem
1 hr 10 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
Here is a very yummy stuffed chicken breast recipe, packed with flavour served with a delicious accompanying sauce. I love doing stuffed chicken breasts as there are so many different combinations you can try and I have to say there are not many I have tried that don't work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 200 g Baby Spinach
- 300 g soft fresh goat cheese, all rind removed
- 8 teaspoons basil pesto (I use about 2 teaspoons per breast, or enough to cover breast completely.)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- 8 slices prosciutto
Lemon Mustard Sauce
- 1Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet until approximately the same thickness all over (about 1/4 inch.).
- 2Boil spinach until tender, drain and squeeze out all excess water. In a bowl combine spinach with goats cheese until well mixed.
- 3Spread 2 teaspoons pesto over the inside of each breast to cover completely. Spread spinach mix down the centre of each breast lengthwise. Cut each tomato into 4 slices and place slices on top of spinach to run the length of breast. (1 Tomato per breast.).
- 4Fold breast over to cover filling and wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each breast to secure.
- 5Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and place breasts inside. Bake breast in pre-heated oven 180c for 45-50 Min's or until chicken is cooked through. (cooking times will vary according to the thickness of breast.).
- 6For The Sauce:.
- 7Heat milk and chicken stock in a saucepan, mix cornflour with a little water, add to milk stir until mixture thickens slightly.
- 8Add Dijon, lemon juice and wine stir to combine, Add cream, cayenne, parsley and pepper to taste. Heat sauce over medium heat until sauce has thickened.
- 9Note: You can leave sauce over a low heat, stirring from time to time, while chicken finishes cooking.
- 10To serve: Slice chicken in half, plate and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Goats Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast With a Lem
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.4
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 533.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: