Recipe by gtara
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I love this simple recipe. It's perfect as a appetizer or served with a salad as a light entree.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, prepared as package directed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Mashed Potatoes (prepared according to package directions) in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium sauté pan melt Butter over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté lightly until translucent, do not brown garlic at all. Next add Red Bell Peppers, Dried Thyme, Salt and Black Pepper. Sauté about 1 minute, just enough time to sweat the bell pepper a little. Add this mixture to the mashed potatoes.
- Next add Baby Spinach and fresh Goat cheese to the mashed potatoes, etc. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator until cool and.
- Place eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in their own individual bowls.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a round cookie cutter. Or a ice cream scooper. Form uniform sized patties. Dredge in egg, then flour, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.