1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Kevin Young's Note:
I saw a couple other spinach gnocchi recipes on here, but this is a bit different so I thought I'd post it. It is very filling and great with a side of steamed broccoli. The prep time is mostly chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and boil in salted water about 20 minutes or until able to mash, then place in a large mixing bowl and well.
- 3Steam spinach in a couple tbsp water covered about 5 minutes or until wilted, then remove and pat dry with a paper towl.
- 4Chop spinach into approximately 1/4 inch pieces and then mix into potatoes.
- 5Add butter, egg, garlic salt, and half of the flour and mix together well.
- 6Place dough onto a floured surface and knead in the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 7Roll dough into about 1 inch thick ropes then cut off 1 inch pieces and roll into a ball.
- 8With floured hands press the center of each dumpling to form a trough in the middle.
- 9Allow gnocchi to chill for about an hour, then place in salted boiling water and allow to cook about 5 minutes.
- 10Drain and serve with tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Gnocchi (potato dumplings)
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.7
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.5 mg
- Sodium 195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.4 g