Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leftover baked potatoes can be successfully used for this
- 1 lb potato
- 1 lb spinach, fresh
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 5 tablespoons semolina
- Put the potatoes on to boil. When they are cooked, peel and mash them without adding any more liquid.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach and cook it without adding any extra water. Drain, squeezing out as much liquid as possible, and chop finely.
- Mix the ptotaotes and spinach with all the other ingredients except for 1 tablespoons of the Parmasan cheese and half the butter. Be generous with the pepper. Chill for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bring a large kettle of salted water to the boil.
- To cook the gnocchi, drop teaspoonful of the mixture into the kettle, a few at a time. Keep the water boiling. The gnocchi are done when they rise to the surface, after only a couple of minutes.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon to an ovenproof dish and repeat the process until all the gnocchi are cooked.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour it over the gnocchi.
- SDprinkle the rest of the Parmasan over the top and bake for about 10 minutes, or until well browned.
- Serve very hot.
I made this exactly as directed and it came out a mushy mess. I was very disappointed as I wasted half my day and some of my favorite ingedients on this disaster.