Leftover baked potatoes can be successfully used for this
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the potatoes on to boil. When they are cooked, peel and mash them without adding any more liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, wash the spinach and cook it without adding any extra water. Drain, squeezing out as much liquid as possible, and chop finely.
- 3Mix the ptotaotes and spinach with all the other ingredients except for 1 tablespoons of the Parmasan cheese and half the butter. Be generous with the pepper. Chill for 45 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bring a large kettle of salted water to the boil.
- 5To cook the gnocchi, drop teaspoonful of the mixture into the kettle, a few at a time. Keep the water boiling. The gnocchi are done when they rise to the surface, after only a couple of minutes.
- 6Remove them with a slotted spoon to an ovenproof dish and repeat the process until all the gnocchi are cooked.
- 7Melt the remaining butter and pour it over the gnocchi.
- 8SDprinkle the rest of the Parmasan over the top and bake for about 10 minutes, or until well browned.
- 9Serve very hot.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 352.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g