1/2 Photos of Spinach Garlic Soup
This soup turns to a brilliant green color. My kids take leftovers to school for lunch and ask me to often make this easy soup. I have substitued skim milk for the cream with good results
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 5qt Dutch oven, bring spinach, broth and carrots to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from the heat; cool to luke-warm.
- 4Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft,about 5-10 minutes.
- 5Add flour; cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- 6Add to spinach mixture.
- 7Puree in small batches in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- 8Place in a large saucepan.
- 9Add cream, milk, and pepper, heat through but do not boil.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 980.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g