Recipe by CountryLady
If scapes are not available from a specialty shop or farmer's market, substitute with 1/2 cup of basil pesto. Serve with rice & roasted baby beets for a beautiful colour combination.
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed & dried (preferably baby)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic scape
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, on the skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach, scapes& parmesan in food processor and pulse until mixture is chunky.
- With machine running, pour in olive oil.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Add butter, salt& pepper& mix.
- If you didn’t ask the fish monger to slice the salmon into scallops (LONG SLICES) then do it yourself by placing a carving knife at a 45 degree angle and slice down through the raw salmon to the skin but NOT through it.
- Now place your knife at a 45 degree angle& remove the scallops from the skin; discard the skin.
- Place the scallops on a plate& cut each long slice into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
- Season salmon& place flesh side down; fry 1 side only for 1 minute or until browned.
- Flip salmon onto baking sheet, browned side up.
- Spread some salsa on top of salmon.
- Bake in preheated 450F oven for 1 or 2 minutes – just until white juices begin to appear.