If scapes are not available from a specialty shop or farmer's market, substitute with 1/2 cup of basil pesto. Serve with rice & roasted baby beets for a beautiful colour combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed & dried (preferably baby)
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic scape
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place spinach, scapes& parmesan in food processor and pulse until mixture is chunky.
- 2With machine running, pour in olive oil.
- 3Process until mixture is smooth.
- 4Add butter, salt& pepper& mix.
- 5If you didn’t ask the fish monger to slice the salmon into scallops (LONG SLICES) then do it yourself by placing a carving knife at a 45 degree angle and slice down through the raw salmon to the skin but NOT through it.
- 6Now place your knife at a 45 degree angle& remove the scallops from the skin; discard the skin.
- 7Place the scallops on a plate& cut each long slice into 2 inch pieces.
- 8Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
- 9Season salmon& place flesh side down; fry 1 side only for 1 minute or until browned.
- 10Flip salmon onto baking sheet, browned side up.
- 11Spread some salsa on top of salmon.
- 12Bake in preheated 450F oven for 1 or 2 minutes – just until white juices begin to appear.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Garlic Scapes Salsa With Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.2
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 48.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: