Recipe by CountryLady
Scapes are much milder than garlic & make a very tasty sauce to accompany your choice of pasta. The cooking time is for the pasta. Edit on July 17: I made this for the first time last night & found the garlic flavour overpowering! C.L.
Top Review by Katanashrp
Wow! This was delicious. I did not find the garlic flavor overpowering at all. I used whole wheat spaghetti for an even healthier treat. I just wish that garlic scapes were available all year round, because where I live you can only find them at the farmers market during the summer. Thank you for helping me utilize a new ingredient in such a flavorful way.
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed & dried
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic scape
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach, garlic scapes& parmesan in a food processor& pulse until mixture is chunky.
- With machine running, pour in olive oil.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Add butter& seasonings to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package until el dente.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little pasta water& mix well.
- Drain pasta, place in serving dishes& top with sauce.