Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Scapes are much milder than garlic & make a very tasty sauce to accompany your choice of pasta. The cooking time is for the pasta. Edit on July 17: I made this for the first time last night & found the garlic flavour overpowering! C.L.
- Place spinach, garlic scapes& parmesan in a food processor& pulse until mixture is chunky.
- With machine running, pour in olive oil.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Add butter& seasonings to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package until el dente.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little pasta water& mix well.
- Drain pasta, place in serving dishes& top with sauce.
Wow! This was delicious. I did not find the garlic flavor overpowering at all. I used whole wheat spaghetti for an even healthier treat. I just wish that garlic scapes were available all year round, because where I live you can only find them at the farmers market during the summer. Thank you for helping me utilize a new ingredient in such a flavorful way.
I made this for dinner and before we finished we all wanted to make it again for dinner the very next night! I am not sure you can imagine the taste by just reading the ingredients in this recipe, but it is worth trying to find out. I did not have garlic scapes so I used chopped jar garlic instead. I used 2 Tbsp, which, while it tasted wonderful, was a little hard on my stomach. I will probably try it next time with 1 Tbsp garlic. Better yet, I would like to track down garlic scapes and try that. I also used canned parmesan, which I had on hand, and now I am really looking forward to trying this with freshly grated parmesan. Also, the fresh ground pepper really rounded out the flavors. I cannot say enough about this recipe it was so simple and so very good.
This was quite a dish, it was the best pasta I've ever had, I would recommend it to anyone!!