Recipe by bungalowten
I love spinach and I love garlic scapes. This is one of my favorite spring time recipes and it is so simple to make. I got this recipe with my CSA veggie box from Vermont Valley Community Farms in south-central Wisconsin.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped raw spinach (1/2 LB)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped garlic scapes or 1⁄2 cup garlic greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl mix egg, spinach ,cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 10-inch ovenproof skillet on the stove. Add the garlic scapes and sauté until tender on med. heat.(about 5 minutes).
- Pour egg mixture in skillet with garlic and cook over low 3 minutes Place in oven and bake uncovered 10 minutes or until top is set.
- Loosen bottom with spatula and cut into wedges and serve.