Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves this pasta dish. The spinach and bacon seem to compliment each other.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb fresh spinach, washed,dried,stemmed,and shredded
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, fry bacon until crisp; remove bacon to a plate with paper towels to drain.
- Remove and discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Reheat frying pan; add butter and olive oil and heat.
- Stir in garlic until aromatic.
- Add spinach, stirring until spinach is cooked.
- Add pasta and stir until blended.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto individual serving plates.
- Scatter bacon over top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
I enjoyed this recipe. I used frozen spinach instead of fresh. The serving size says 4 but it served our 6.
A really tasty, light dinner. I used fresh baby spinach and proscuitto instead of the bacon since that is what I had in the fridge. I also added a tiny bit of fresh cracked black pepper. I will make this many times. Thanks for the recipe, Dancer!
This was very nice! I had too little spinach in the end, but had to make do with what I had and it was very tasty anyway. I didn't use the butter as I thought there was enough fat from the oil. It was very tasty and you are right, the bacon and spinach, surprisingly, complimented each other well. Thank you for a great dinner!