1/2 Photos of Spinach-Garlic Dip With Pita Triangles & Veggies
Sauteed spinach and garlic pureed with green onions and sour cream makes a dip that also works well with veggies and transports very well for picnics and pot lucks. *dip can be made a day ahead and stored in frige.* Chill time not inclued.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic saute 10 seconds (be carful not to burn). Add spinach and saute until wilted and tender about 2 minutes. Cool.
- 2Puree cooled spinach and green onions in food processors.
- 3In a bowl mix spinach onion mixture, sour cream and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 5Preheat broiler. Slice each pita bread horizontally in half, forming 2 circles. Cut each cirle into 4 triangles.
- 6Place triangles in single layer on baking sheet. Lightly brush with remaing 2 tablespoons of olive oil. (optional you can season with pepper, grlic or flavor of your choice).
- 7Broil untl golden watching closely to avoid burning and moving for even browning. Takes about 2 minutes. Cool.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Garlic Dip With Pita Triangles & Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 149.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g