Sauteed spinach and garlic pureed with green onions and sour cream makes a dip that also works well with veggies and transports very well for picnics and pot lucks. *dip can be made a day ahead and stored in frige.* Chill time not inclued.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic saute 10 seconds (be carful not to burn). Add spinach and saute until wilted and tender about 2 minutes. Cool.
- Puree cooled spinach and green onions in food processors.
- In a bowl mix spinach onion mixture, sour cream and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Slice each pita bread horizontally in half, forming 2 circles. Cut each cirle into 4 triangles.
- Place triangles in single layer on baking sheet. Lightly brush with remaing 2 tablespoons of olive oil. (optional you can season with pepper, grlic or flavor of your choice).
- Broil untl golden watching closely to avoid burning and moving for even browning. Takes about 2 minutes. Cool.