Recipe by Nikki Kate
My husband and I use to order this all the time at our local restaurant. After a examining the bread I realized how easy it would be for me to make it at home. With a few tries I have finally prefected it.
Top Review by karen
What a great take on garlic bread! As you can see from my picture, I tried two versions, one with mozzarella and one with cheddar. I used a hoagie bun instead of French bread and garlic spread (so I skipped the garlic powder). The cooking time was just perfect, and I really enjoyed the spinach. I think it would be a great way to sneak spinach into a picky eaters diet too!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 (16 ounce) bags Baby Spinach (cooked and squeezed drained)
- garlic powder
- mozzarella cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the french bread in half or in forths (which ever you prefer).
- Cut the bread in half lenght wise so now you can open the bread.
- Spread butter or your favorite spread over the bread then sprinkle with garlic powder. This will all depend on your taste do as much as you like.
- Now place the spinach on one side of the bread and top with mozzeralla cheese. I use the sliced it much easier. But you can also use shredded.
- Wrap in aluminum foil if you like or you and just bake it on baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted.