1/4 Photos of Spinach Frittata
Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
Found this on Simply Recipes. If you've never been there, go check it out. Wonderful food blog with lots of great photos, directions, and extra tid bits of information. This is another tasty recipe from the site. Hard to go wrong with ingredients like these. Perfect for brunch when company is coming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spinach leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 9 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I use the ones packed in oil)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cook spinach in 1/4 cup of water in a covered saucepan until just wilted, a couple minutes.
- 3Drain water and set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese.
- 5Add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 6Sauté onions in olive oil in an oven-proof, stick-free skillet, until translucent, about 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- 7Add garlic and sauté a minute further. Add cooked spinach and mix in with onions and garlic.
- 8Spread out spinach mixture evenly on bottom of skillet.
- 9Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture.
- 10Use a spatula to lift up the spinach mixture along the sides of the pan to let egg mixture flow underneath.
- 11Sprinkle bits of goat cheese over the top of the frittata mixture.
- 12When the mixture is about half set, put the whole pan in the oven.
- 13Bake for 13-15 minutes, until frittata is puffy and golden.
- 14Remove from oven with oven mitts and let cool for several minutes.
- 15Although the pan may be out of the oven for a few minutes, the handle is still very hot.
- 16To keep from accidentally picking it up by the handle while hot, take a piece of ice and melt it against the pan's handle to cool it down.
- 17Cut into quarters to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 501.0 mg
- Sodium 523.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 25.9 g