Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on Simply Recipes. If you've never been there, go check it out. Wonderful food blog with lots of great photos, directions, and extra tid bits of information. This is another tasty recipe from the site. Hard to go wrong with ingredients like these. Perfect for brunch when company is coming.
- 1 lb spinach leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 9 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I use the ones packed in oil)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook spinach in 1/4 cup of water in a covered saucepan until just wilted, a couple minutes.
- Drain water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté onions in olive oil in an oven-proof, stick-free skillet, until translucent, about 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté a minute further. Add cooked spinach and mix in with onions and garlic.
- Spread out spinach mixture evenly on bottom of skillet.
- Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture.
- Use a spatula to lift up the spinach mixture along the sides of the pan to let egg mixture flow underneath.
- Sprinkle bits of goat cheese over the top of the frittata mixture.
- When the mixture is about half set, put the whole pan in the oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until frittata is puffy and golden.
- Remove from oven with oven mitts and let cool for several minutes.
- Although the pan may be out of the oven for a few minutes, the handle is still very hot.
- To keep from accidentally picking it up by the handle while hot, take a piece of ice and melt it against the pan's handle to cool it down.
- Cut into quarters to serve.
I really liked this. Used shallots instead of onion, used Boursin instead of goat cheese, and used frozen spinach instead of fresh. It was absolutely perfect and I think the Boursin actually makes it 10 stars!!!! Made for ZWT4, Frittata challenge and was so happy to find a low carb version!
Very nice frittata recipe. We followed instructions exactly as posted. I think the goat cheese definitely makes this recipe. However, my bites that did not have enough goat cheese in them tasted a little plain. This was easy to make and came together quickly. Thanks for a tasty brunch. Made for ZWT4.