Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy to throw together not so "fat" fried rice that give you a way to satisy the craving for "fried"
- 354.88 ml spinach, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml dark sesame oil
- 78.07 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml diagonally sliced celery or 236.59 ml bok choy
- 236.59 ml mushroom, thinly sliced
- 709.77 ml cooked long grain brown rice
- 59.14 ml scallion, sliced
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce or 29.58 ml tamari
- In a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat, saute the spinach and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a platter In the same pan, heat the wine and saute the celery or bok choy and mushrooms, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, scallions and spinach.
- Heat through.
- Season with soy sauce or tamari.
I made this and followed the recipe, using bok choy and white rice ( DH doesn't care for brown!). My son was over for dinner and we all thought this was very good.Next time,I will try with celery and use chicken broth instead of the white wine, and maybe throw in a few bean sprouts or chopped water chestnuts for some added "crunch"! Thanks, Tish, for posting this "healthy" version!
love brown rice, so we really liked this fried rice.I used the celery and the brown rice, but was out of scallions so used a regular onion chopped, worked out fine. Served it with grilled salmon, it went very well together. thanks for posting i will make it again.