Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
Another recipe by Nathan Lyon. This is a good one, nice and healthy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2In a blender, add spinach, parsley, milk, goat cheese, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and blend until smooth. Pour evenly between 3-ounce ramekins (small soufflé dishes) that have been sprayed lightly with EVOO (or non-stick cooking spray). Place ramekins in a large casserole dish. Slowly add boiling water in one corner, being careful not to spill water into ramekins, until half-way up the sides of the ramekins.
- 3Carefully place into oven and cook until the sides are firm and a little wobble remains in the middle of each ramekin.
- 4Remove from oven; remove each ramekin from water bath and let cool on cooling rack. When cool, run a sharp knife down the sides of each ramekin and invert onto a warm plate. Serve with the mixed herb salad, a drizzle of EVOO, and a few strips of parmesan.
- 5Herb Salad Garnish.
- 61/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley.
- 71/4 cup fresh tarragon.
- 81/4 cup fresh basil
- 91/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 101 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- 11Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 12Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Flan
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.3
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 245.6 mg
- Sodium 2086.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: