Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Another recipe by Nathan Lyon. This is a good one, nice and healthy too!
- 3⁄4 lb Baby Spinach, washed well, blanched and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup parsley
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a blender, add spinach, parsley, milk, goat cheese, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and blend until smooth. Pour evenly between 3-ounce ramekins (small soufflé dishes) that have been sprayed lightly with EVOO (or non-stick cooking spray). Place ramekins in a large casserole dish. Slowly add boiling water in one corner, being careful not to spill water into ramekins, until half-way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place into oven and cook until the sides are firm and a little wobble remains in the middle of each ramekin.
- Remove from oven; remove each ramekin from water bath and let cool on cooling rack. When cool, run a sharp knife down the sides of each ramekin and invert onto a warm plate. Serve with the mixed herb salad, a drizzle of EVOO, and a few strips of parmesan.
- Herb Salad Garnish.
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley.
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss. Enjoy!