Recipe by sugarpea
A traditional pasta filling with feta and farmer cheese. Great the way it is or treat it as a good basic recipe to take off on, adding what appeals to you. Tell me what you try.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces farmer cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until golden; steam spinach until well wilted; remove from heat, cool enough to handle, and squeeze dry.
- Combine onion mixture and spinach; stir in cheeses and beat in seasonings, eggs and parsley; refrigerate until ready to stuff pasta.