Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A traditional pasta filling with feta and farmer cheese. Great the way it is or treat it as a good basic recipe to take off on, adding what appeals to you. Tell me what you try.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces farmer cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until golden; steam spinach until well wilted; remove from heat, cool enough to handle, and squeeze dry.
- Combine onion mixture and spinach; stir in cheeses and beat in seasonings, eggs and parsley; refrigerate until ready to stuff pasta.
I used all ricotta instead of feta/farmers cheese and it was great! Also added 2 oz. parmesan along with the parsley.
Great easy filling and its nice to see one using fresh produce. Makes quite a bit too. I've made enough for cannelloni for 4 and I could probably stuff enough for the freezer for a few 1-2 person meals.
Really teriffic filling! I used on Canneloni and the quantity was perfect for 12 shells. The only change I made was to use cottage cheese rather than feta.