Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, light, and very easy meal. Serve it with a salad for lunch or with rice, or mashed potatoes, for dinner.
- 1 lb sole fillets or 1 lb orange roughy fillets or 1 lb flounder fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper (to season)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup garlic-flavored croutons, crushed
- lemon wedge, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat 8x8x2inch baking dish with cooking spray. If fish fillets are large, cut into 4 serving pieces.
- Place spinach evenly on each fish fillet, sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper. Roll up each fillet, beggining at narrow end.
- Place rolls, with points underneath, in baking dish.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard, spoon onto each roll. Sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This was very good. I liked it a lot. Easy and a nice spin on orange roughy. Will make again!
This was a easy, fast and a very good recipe. I followed the recipe exactly but I might try a little feta cheese as suggested by Kittencal for a little added flavor. I served it along with Quick Brown Rice & Mushroom Pilaf #153708 and Cucumber Salad #357343. Thank you! Made for Spring PAC 09.
What a wonderful recipe for fish fillets! I doubled the recipe and used fresh sole fillets, I also added in a little feta cheese in with the spinach when I rolled up the fillets. What a wonderful dinner served with a Ceasar salad on the side! I love this recipe, thanks for sharing Asha!...Kitten:)