Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Serve with simple grilled chicken or pork.
Make and share this Spinach, Fig, and Goat Cheese Salad With Orange Honey Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons juice, from drained oranges
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, sliced very thin
- 8 fresh figs, cut into half brushed with
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Grill figs on hot grill cut side down 3-4 minutes.
- Mix dressing ingredient together.
- Mix first 4 ingredients of salad into dressing to coat.
- Plate salad on 4 chilled plates.
- Top each salad with figs cheese and nuts.
- Serve with fresh cracked pepper.
Very good and a nice change-of-pace salad which is a great way to use figs while they are in season. I made a few minor changes to this recipe by using 4 sliced green onions (instead of the onion mentioned in the ingredients), I skipped the celery (because I was out) and used lemon zest instead of orange zest. Thanks Rita for posting this delicious and different salad.