Recipe by Rita~
Serve with simple grilled chicken or pork.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and a nice change-of-pace salad which is a great way to use figs while they are in season. I made a few minor changes to this recipe by using 4 sliced green onions (instead of the onion mentioned in the ingredients), I skipped the celery (because I was out) and used lemon zest instead of orange zest. Thanks Rita for posting this delicious and different salad.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons juice, from drained oranges
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, sliced very thin
- 8 fresh figs, cut into half brushed with
- olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts