Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just got this in an email from Self Magazine, and it looks good enough to hang on to! Posting for safekeeping with a few adjustments.
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced (or 4-5 pattypan)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add oil. Add zucchini, squash, bell pepper and garlic. Reduce heat to low; cook until pepper begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth; cook until all vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add pasta, yogurt, basil, cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Toss and serve immediately.
We enjoyed this colorful, low guilt (my yogurt was 2% fat, my cream heavy) for lunch today. It was easy to make and looked nice on the plate. I added extra cheese on top for a flavor boost. Made for ZWT 9