This is one of my favorite summer time pasta dishes. It's light and healthy and has all of my favorite veggies. It is also very adaptable to your personal favorites, or what you have on hand. Can be served as a side dish or add sliced grilled chicken breast to make more of a meal ( would probably serve 4 that way). Roasted red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes are a nice alternate veggies to add.
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts
- 1 ounce diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, top taste
- Cook pasta and drain. Be sure to use a good quality pasta, preferable some thing freshly made. I like a brand called "al dente".
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic, sauté for minute or two.
- Add asparagus, carrot, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, cook together until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer. Add fettuccine and bring up to heat.
- Top with mozzarella and serve.