Recipe by Leslie in Texas
The rich, buttery flavor of Gorgonzola cheese makes this sauce unique. It can be prepared an hour before serving and gently reheated, and makes an excellent first course ( 6 to 8 servings) followed by roast chicken seasoned with rosemary.I have used low fat milk and fat free half and half and it still has a rich, decadent taste. Originally from a May 1979 issue of Bon Apetit.
- 1⁄4 lb imported gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine, cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Gorgonzola cheese, milk and butter in large non-aluminum skillet.
- Place over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Add cream and stir until sauce is hot and well blended.
- Add pasta and parmesan and toss until noodles are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.