Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces dried spinach fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock, fat trimmed off
- 1 medium yellow squash, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 large leek, white part only, trimmed and cut into 1-inch half rounds
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly at low speed.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour half of the mixture from the blender over the poultry, reserving the remainder.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, bring pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Add the fettuccine and cook for 8 to 12 minutes to desired doneness.
- In the meantime, remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Uncover the baking dish and transfer it to the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove the pot from the heat.
- Drain the fettuccine and return it to the pot.
- Stir the chicken stock and keep the mixture warm over the lowest heat setting.
- Pour the juices from the chicken into a sauté pan; add squash, bell pepper, leek, broccoli and mushrooms.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes, just until the vegetables begin to wilt.
- Transfer the pasta to a warm serving bowl, along with the vegetables.
- Shred the chicken on top.
- Add the reserved dressing and toss.
- Garnish with the snipped chives.