Lori Ann D's Note:
This recipe looks as good as it tastes! It started as a Weight Watchers recipe, but I made some modifications (don't worry - it's still healthy!). Even my 4-yr old liked it! This dish is beautiful, nutritious and filling... nice enough to serve to company! Since the chicken breasts were quite large, I had the meat counter cube them into bite-sized pieces so it would cook faster. This might look like a lot of work, but really it's not. I hope you'll give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch broccoli, cleaned and chopped
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 T. dried basil)
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook the broccoli for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. In the boiling water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the chicken, salt, oregano, and red pepper and saute until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3In the skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil; saute the onion and garlic until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add the fettuccine and chicken back to the skillet, then sprinkle with the cheese, black pepper and basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Fettuccine With Chicken and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 411.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 17.3 g