Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Got this recipe from Alva Carpenter's slimlines. Didn't get a chance to try it yet but thought it was worth posting.
- 450 g spinach fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 900 g tinned artichokes, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente.
- Drain the fettuccine, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the artichokes and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Return the drained fettuccine to the pot; toss with half the Parmesan cheese and the reserved cooking liquid.
- Add the artichoke mixture and toss again.
- Divide fettuccine among 6 warm bowls and garnish with the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Simple, fast and good! I added a lot of pepper, and fresh parsley, I also used fresh grated parmesan which was really nice. And I'll admit, I used marinated artichokes as it's all I had, and I was hungry. Thanks for posting.