Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best chicken I have EVER had! It's so fast and easy and it tastes like something you would get at a fancy dinner somewhere nice! My husband raved about it and my friends love it too! It's a keeper!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml instant minced garlic
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g bag spinach (frozen works great)
- 236.59 ml feta cheese
- 473.18 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 118.29 ml butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare chicken for stuffing.(You can either, slice 2 thick chicken breasts in half and make 4, or beat 4 chicken breast until thin and wide.).
- Cook spinach in garlic and oil on top of stove until done.
- Add in feta cheese and mix well. (You can add as much as you like. I LOVE feta cheese!).
- Distribute spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. (You may have some leftover).
- Wrap chicken around mixture (kinda like a taco) and secure with a toothpick.
- Roll each breast in bread crumbs until well coated.
- Place in glass baking dish and pour butter over them.
- Cook for 30 minutes and serve.
- I usually have spinach mixture left over and just serve it as a side dish. It's so good that people always want more!
I will definitely make this again. The breading came out crunchy and the chicken was moist. I used basil & tomato flavored feta which worked perfectly. Baked it on parchment paper which saved me the clean-up.
Thank you so much for this recipe! I am new to cooking and this seemed easy enough for me to make. Not only was it simple, it was delicious. I made rice pilaf on the side and it is now one of my favorite meals. The chicken came out so tender and juicy. The spinach and feta mixture was very tasty. I used smart balance instead of butter, and only 1/4 cup. It was still excellent! I highly recommend this recipe!
Loved this! 10 stars, actually. Made it tonight and everyone got a second helping. I've been searching RZ for several years, and this is the FIRST recipe I felt strong enough to rate (so I joined...tonight!) I did add slivered almonds to the top. I also used frozen spinach, so when cooking, I just let the mixture cook a bit longer so that all the water would evaporate. This is going in the front of my cookbook. Very happy, and full.