Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not really a recipe name, but it Is what I actually call it. Very delicious. One of my favorite dishes to make with leftover holiday ham.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 ounces feta cheese (or more!)
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- Combine rice, broth and water in saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Saute onion and garlic in another pan.
- Add to rice along with remaining ingredients.
- Heat until heated through.
My husband, who is not a big Feta Fan, thought this was really good - and said it was a keeper!The house smelled so good while it was cooking! Great way to use leftover Christmas Ham!
Delicious! I used proscuitto instead of ham and added about 1 tbsp of white wine to the onions while they were cooking. I topped it w/ fresh-grated parmesean. Next time, I will add some shallot w/ the onion.