1/2 Photos of Spinach & Feta Quiche
1 hr 10 mins
Hands down, this is the best quiche I've ever tasted! The family that I cook for call it "KizziQuiche"... from Allrecipies.com. I've tried it using low-fat ingredients also, with great success!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 6 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, slightly thawed
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter, app. 5 minuets or until just soft. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in 6 oz. cheddar, the feta cheese, mushrooms, and spinach. Mix well; place into pie crust.
- 4In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over spinach mixture, poking holes to allow the egg mixture to seep inches.
- 5Bake 15 minutes. Top with remaining 6 oz. cheddar, continue baking 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Feta Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.7
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 246.9 mg
- Sodium 700.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
feta cheese with dried basil and tomato