Prep1 hr 15 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home by Wilma Lombardo. WW points caluculated using the nutritional analysis provided in the cookbook. One serving is 1 slice of pizza (cut pizza into 6 slices).
- 3⁄4 cup water (70 to 80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- DOUGH: In a bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tbs of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for 1 minute.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll into a 12-in circle.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 12-in pizza pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until puffed, about 20 minutes.
- TOPPINGS: Sprinkle with garlic and garlic salt.
- Top with the spinach, onion, mushrooms, cheeses and basil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until gold and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut pizza into 6 slices.
First, I have to mention that we are not on WW nor are we on a diet, but I liked the sound of this pizza. Baring that in mind I'll say the following about this recipe: I used my own pre-made crust, added an extra clove of garlic and a few extra mushrooms. I assume that the Feta is to provide the salt, but mine must not have had enough as I felt it needed some salt. My husband would like to see some bacon on his portion next time. LoL! Overall we enjoyed it. Thank you! :)