Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I developed this recipe after having something similar at an Italian restaurant. My husband loves it! The pine nuts really add a special element of flavor. Adjust the amount of feta cheese to your own tastes; I happen to like a lot in this dish.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
- 5 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions.
- As pasta is cooking, toast pine nuts lightly in a small skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently and keeping a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Remove pine nuts from heat when lightly browned, after about 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside pine nuts.
- Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet or wok.
- Add garlic and saute over medium heat for about 30 seconds, being careful not to let garlic brown.
- Stir in cooked pasta.
- Stir in feta and Parmesan cheese and cook for a 2-3 minutes, until feta cheese just starts to melt and pasta and cheese is thoroughly heated through.
- Stir in spinach and continue to heat until spinach barely starts to wilt.
- Take pasta off heat and stir in the toasted pine nuts.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.
Yum, yum, yum!This was incredibly easy to make and it was way better than I expected. I didn't use a full pound of pasta, as these days the packages are more like 13 oz. I cut down on the parmesan a little and my feta was low fat. Wonderful dinner, and one I will make again. Thank you Holly Jane.
I had to use grated parmesan as it was all I had on hand. I might add a bit more feta next time. Easy and very tasty
This was very good. I added just a touch of cream to thin it out. Yumm!