1/2 Photos of Spinach-feta Penne With Pine Nuts
I developed this recipe after having something similar at an Italian restaurant. My husband loves it! The pine nuts really add a special element of flavor. Adjust the amount of feta cheese to your own tastes; I happen to like a lot in this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook penne pasta according to package directions.
- 2As pasta is cooking, toast pine nuts lightly in a small skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently and keeping a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- 3Remove pine nuts from heat when lightly browned, after about 1-2 minutes.
- 4Set aside pine nuts.
- 5Drain cooked pasta and set aside.
- 6Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet or wok.
- 7Add garlic and saute over medium heat for about 30 seconds, being careful not to let garlic brown.
- 8Stir in cooked pasta.
- 9Stir in feta and Parmesan cheese and cook for a 2-3 minutes, until feta cheese just starts to melt and pasta and cheese is thoroughly heated through.
- 10Stir in spinach and continue to heat until spinach barely starts to wilt.
- 11Take pasta off heat and stir in the toasted pine nuts.
- 12Transfer to serving dish and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-feta Penne With Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.6
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.0 mg
- Sodium 992.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.0 g