Recipe by Geema
Orzo at first glance looks a lot like rice, but it's actually very small grains of pasta. It cooks quickly, so this recipe comes together fast; a good side dish when making a 30 minute meal.
Top Review by chia
my kids just wolfed this down! we used fresh spinach and my kids begged me to add some mushrooms and garlic, the combo was just wonderful and although we had this as a side dish we all agreed we could easily make a meal out of it. i did double the recipe for the 6 of us.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 7 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and saute‚ for 5 minutes or until softened, but not browned.
- Add the spinach and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Toss the onion and spinach mixture with the hot orzo.
- Add the feta cheese, chopped dill and ground pepper and toss well.
- Serve immediately.