Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a tasty side dish that's also healthy and low in calories. It's one of the recipes in my book, Living the Thin Life.
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves or 10 ounces thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Boil water in a saucepan. Add orzo and boil uncovered for about 8 or 9 minutes.
- While the orzo is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, red pepper, and onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Drain orzo and add to spinach mixture. Toss in lemon juice, salt, and feta cheese. Stir well.
quick, easy, delicious.
Don't know what happened with my original review, so here goes again. I love spinach any way I can get it, but add feta....I'm in heaven! Very quick to put together, which is another plus. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Elle. Originally prepared Jul 11 for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
Mmm, this was pretty good! Probably a 4.5, but I rounded up ;). It was very spicy for us though (maybe its just our personal taste?) so next time we would add less pepper flakes. Also, we may also add more feta. We are a cheese family!