Recipe by -GEORGE-
This is an easy recipe to prepare with great flavor. It goes very well with meat and fish. And best of all, it prepares in about 20 minutes.This recipe easily doubles and triples. Note: if after cooking for 10 minutes the orzo is still soupy continue to cook and stir uncovered until the liquid is absorbed/ cooked off. Enjoy
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very easy, very quick, excellent flavour. We enjoyed this very much. I used my own 'fresh' frozen spinach, and 'whizzed' it with my blender for a smoother spinach, which I then stirred in with the cooked pasta and the finely crumbled feta. We enjoyed that slight spice from the red pepper flakes! Will be making this again, very good. thanks, George!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper, flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, preferable a bordeaux
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and pepper flakes in olive oil in a large saucepan for 30 seconds over medium heat.
- Add orzo, stirring 2 minutes to coat with oil to prevent sticking.
- Add chicken broth and wine. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and feta to the hot pasta to wilt the spinach. Season with salt to taste.