Recipe by GinnyP
A recipe from my early cooking days. I still enjoy it, but now I use fresh garlic, onion, nutmeg, and Parmesan-Reggiano. This can be a vegetarian main dish or side dish.
Top Review by love4culinary
I really enjoyed this! The only change I made was to use finely minced onion instead of onion flakes...because I dont use onion flakes :) and I crushed 1/2 of a clove of garlic and mixed it in instead of the powder. Thanks for the recipe!! I'll be making it again!
- 12 ounces baking potatoes, unpeeled, coarsely shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray ot lightly oil an 8-inch baking dish.
- Spread potatoes evenly in pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, spinach, feta, ricotta, milk, garlic powder, onion flakes, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Pour evenly over potatoes.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.