A recipe from my early cooking days. I still enjoy it, but now I use fresh garlic, onion, nutmeg, and Parmesan-Reggiano. This can be a vegetarian main dish or side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces baking potatoes, unpeeled, coarsely shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Spray ot lightly oil an 8-inch baking dish.
- 3Spread potatoes evenly in pan.
- 4In a large bowl, combine eggs, spinach, feta, ricotta, milk, garlic powder, onion flakes, and nutmeg; mix well.
- 5Pour evenly over potatoes.
- 6Dot with butter.
- 7Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- 8Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach & Feta on a Potato Bed
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 526.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g