Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh so yummy savoury muffins! Great when invited to a barbecue and looking for something special to bring along.
- 200 g frozen spinach, thawed
- 180 g feta cheese (fat-reduced is fine)
- 250 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 80 ml olive oil
- 300 ml milk
- Line your muffin pan with paper cups and cut the feta cheese into small chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl combine spinach, eggs, olive oil and milk. Add in the flour mixture and be sure not to overmix. Fold in the feta cheese cubes.
- Pour dough into the muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
These are delicious. I made them ahead for a dinner party by put them into small muffin tins and freezing before baking. after they were frozen I popped them out and put them into freezer bags. When I was ready to use them I took out the amount i needed put them into the greased muffin tins, let them thaw and then bake as directed. thanks
These are very tasty made as posted, which is what I did. I always try to make the recipe as posted first. I think in the future I'd add the garlic. I used the paper cups, and sprayed them with no-stick spray to try and keep them from sticking. They still seemed to stick. I'll make these again, because the flavor is so great and they are so versatile....can use for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I used fresh spinach, so added the time to cook, drain and chop it. My muffins were large, so I ended up adding another 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe was simple, easy to make, and is uses ingredients I usually have on hand. I added minced garlic, and used freshly cooked spinach instead of frozen. The muffins were tasty, and I'm looking forward to making them again!