Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original recipe for these delicious burgers came from Cooking Light Magazine. I adapted it to what I had on hand and loved the result.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbles (I used feta with olives & sundried tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomatoes (optional)
- Mix together spinach, lemon juice, pepper, salt, basil and egg.
- Add lamb and feta and mix together (your hands work best for this).
- Divide mixture into four portions and shape into patties.
- Grill or broil burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt or sour cream, garlic and dill.
- When burgers are done, spread yogurt mixture on buns, add burgers and tomato slices (if using) and enjoy!
These were really nice moist burgers. I served them with Dilly Cucumber Salad rather than the yogurt/garlic/dill sauce and we had them with a couple of other simple salads and no buns.