Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy, healthy breakfast option from Curves' Diane Magazine.
Make and share this Spinach & Feta Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler and place heating rack 4-5" from the heating element. Microwave fresh spinach in a loosely covered bowl on high for about 3 minutes or until it is slightly wilted. Dry spinach thouroughly with paper towels and chop it coarsely.
- Meanwhile, coat bottom and sides of a 12" ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in the skillet on med-high and add onion. Cook until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet with onion and tilt pan to distribute oil evenly. Pour egg mixture in, evenly distributing vegetables with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat without stirring for about 7 minutes or until only te surface is loose.
- Place skillet under broiler and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until surface is lightly browned. To serve, loosen edges with a knife, flip it onto a cutting board and slice.
I scaled this back for 1 but ended up adding a second egg for as soon as I added the egg mixture it immediately set and was not spread out over the pan so quickly beat another egg and added to the mix and the result was a delightful and filling breakfast that only took minutes to cook (about 2 on the stove top and 3 under the grill/broiler). Thank you Meredith F for posting the recipe and Karen Elizabeth for recommending, made for I Recommend tag game.
This made for a delicious dinner. I used frozen chopped spinach (micro high 4 min., then chopped finely). Great on whole wheat toast or bun. I served with oven roasted potatoes. Even my teen daughter liked! Thanks Meredith- Roxygirl
I used your recipe as a guide to making breakfast this morning. The onions were cooked in oil until soft, the baby spinach was tossed into the pan along with the tomatoes. I used egg substitute, increasing it to the equivalent of 3 eggs for 2 servings. The pan was covered with a lid and allowed to cook until firm then flipping onto a plate and sliding back into the pan to brown the other side. Easy, quick and delicious.