Recipe by Meredith .F
A yummy, healthy breakfast option from Curves' Diane Magazine.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back for 1 but ended up adding a second egg for as soon as I added the egg mixture it immediately set and was not spread out over the pan so quickly beat another egg and added to the mix and the result was a delightful and filling breakfast that only took minutes to cook (about 2 on the stove top and 3 under the grill/broiler). Thank you Meredith F for posting the recipe and Karen Elizabeth for recommending, made for I Recommend tag game.
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler and place heating rack 4-5" from the heating element. Microwave fresh spinach in a loosely covered bowl on high for about 3 minutes or until it is slightly wilted. Dry spinach thouroughly with paper towels and chop it coarsely.
- Meanwhile, coat bottom and sides of a 12" ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in the skillet on med-high and add onion. Cook until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet with onion and tilt pan to distribute oil evenly. Pour egg mixture in, evenly distributing vegetables with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat without stirring for about 7 minutes or until only te surface is loose.
- Place skillet under broiler and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until surface is lightly browned. To serve, loosen edges with a knife, flip it onto a cutting board and slice.