This is a beautiful frittata. We eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With fresh fruit or salad depending on the meal. Enjoy
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook onion in olive oil until opaque in a medium skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until warmed through.
- Grease a 9" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Put the vegie mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add crumbled feta to the eggs and pour over.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350F for approx 30 minutes, or until the eggs are solid.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then cut into serving size squares.
This was my first attempt at a frittata. I thought it would be difficult, but it was so easy. I did have to make a couple of changes because I had to use what I had on hand. I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of Feta and instead of 1 cup chopped onion, I used about 1/2 cup chopped fresh green onions. I would recommend this to anyone. What a great dish for those cold winter nights!!!!
I used an entire box of frozen spinach, opted for mushrooms and passed on the ham. Served it with fresh fruit and toast. Everyone was pleased. Update: used 1 cup smoked ham, 3/4 cup mushrooms, 1 cup feta, 3/4 cup moz, 9 eggs and whole box frozen spinach. Wonderful again!
Absolutely sensational frittata. I used a 10-inch pie plate so slightly upped most of the ingredients, which meant the cooking time was a bit longer. My only real change was to use a bunch of chopped fresh English spinach rather than frozen. This really is a fabulous, fabulous, fabulous frittata, and so quick and easy to make. Thanks so much for posting.