Recipe by Tish
This is a beautiful frittata. We eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With fresh fruit or salad depending on the meal. Enjoy
Top Review by The_Swedish_Chef
This was JUST the type recipe that I was looking for, for brunch. My friend did NOT have a cast-iron skillet, which is what I normally make frittatas in, so being able to make the entire thing in a Pyrex pie pan was crucial. We didn't want to add the meat so we made this following the recipe except the ham. It turned out so good and so flavourful that there were no leftovers! I'm so glad that you posted this basic and easy recipe. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 package frozen spinach, squeeze out water
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ham, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 -7 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook onion in olive oil until opaque in a medium skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until warmed through.
- Grease a 9" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Put the vegie mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add crumbled feta to the eggs and pour over.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350F for approx 30 minutes, or until the eggs are solid.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then cut into serving size squares.