Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a quick, easy and delicious appetizer and best yet, the topping can be made ahead and refrigerated. I think the recipe originated from Southern Living but it was given to me by a friend -- just had to have it after trying it!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces French bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the bread.
- (If making ahead, cover and refrigerate until needed.) Spread mixture on each slice of bread, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
OMG, this is fantastic! I can't wait to share this recipe with our friends! Easy and love the spinach. I made as posted the entire spread recipe but refrigerated part of the spread mixture for another day. Thanks quikgourmet for posting a super appetizer! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.