Recipe by kaptainkaos1979
During the work week I tend to eat a lot of chicken and I'm always trying to come up with new ways to dress up a chicken breast in or to stick to my diet and eat healthier. So this is one of the more recent ones and I hope you enjoy it....my family has....you can even make a few extra, to take to lunch the next day and show off!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, large cut chicken in half horizontal into 2 pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) package Greek feta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 1 (6 ounce) smoked sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) packagepolly-o part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken pieces in skillet and when done take out of pan and set on a separate plate with a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Place aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and place browned chicken pieces on top of foil with even space between them.
- In the remainder of the olive oil brown and cook chopped onion, drain off extra oil.
- In a large pot cook frozen spinach, and drain.
- In a large mixing bowling start to combine ingredients.
- Chopped feta into very small cubes -- they really won't melt so smaller the better.
- Add tomatoes, Parmesan, onions, spinach, feta, and mix very well and put mixture on top of chicken pieces evenly.
- Put in oven for 20 at 350°F.
- While pieces are heating up, cut mozzarella into thick long slices to and to chicken dish (like chicken parmigiana).
- Add one slice to each of the chicken pieces and turn on you boiler and watch very closely you just want to melt mozzarella on top and brown just a little bit.
- Enjoy -- I hope you like this and it will switch up your weekday!